Extracting Strawberry DNA in Year 6 Science

 

 In Science this week as part of our Year Six Topic - Darwin's Delight - we have been extracting the DNA from strawberries.


😃Kaycee: I enjoyed science this week especially when the teacher added the surgical spirit and the D.N.A. appeared for the first time, it looked like slime.


😃Holly: I really liked it when we extracted the D.N.A. from the strawberry mixture, out teacher Mrs. Marshall explained how forensic scientists and doctors can do the same with human D.N.A.  




😃Oliver M: I was surprised with how quickly the surgical spirit reacted with the strawberry mixture, it took immediate effect and I could see the D.N.A. as I mixed it with the lollipop stick.


😃Alfie :I found out that humans have some of the same D.N.A. as strawberries.

😄Lyla: Seeing D.N.A. was such a surprise, I never knew that it is sometimes called the 'Code for Life'.




😄Elliot: I loved the science enquiry this week as I never knew that strawberries had D.N.A.WOW!



Popular posts from this blog

A Fantastic Sunny Day at Stubbers !

Netball: Havering CHAMPIONS!

Year 4 trip to the National Gallery